Monday 8 June 2009

Happy New Year To Me...

Originally Posted - 11 Jan 2009

Happy New year to me! Yes I know, I know, it was January the 1st ten days ago, and yes you all made new years resolutions to eat less, exercise more, give up smoking, buy a thicker butt plug, I know, I know!

But I didn't. I slipped 'effortlessly' from 2008 to 2009 without as much as a murmur about turning a new leaf or being resolved.

But tonight is Tormentress' New Years Eve, I haven't found a new religion or discovered ancient ancestral roots in some far flung land that has a different calender, I have just made today, tonight, the end of my year and tomorrow morning when I wake it will be a new one, a new day, a new week, a new month and a new year.

I am not going to make rash promises about how many gyms I will join, how many calories I shall uncount or how I will spend less, I am not about to embark of a morning ritual of urine-drinking or become vegan and I am not going give more to charity.

In simple words, when I wake up tomorrow I am going to live, I am going to draw breath deep into my lungs and start a new spark of life in my heart, I am going to open my sleepy blue eyes and drink in the dull morning light and start the rest of my life.

As me.

A strong, bright, worthy person. And woe betide anyone who tries to belittle, deceive or take that away from me this year.

Happy New Year to Me

No comments:

Post a Comment